Manager, Campus Facilities
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2021 2:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Manager, Campus Facilities jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Campus Facilities postings
Full Time Job
The Manager, Campus Facilities is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the AFI Campus as well as providing hands-on support to Facilities, Operations & Maintenance, Janitorial, Security and the Campus Service Center as needed.
• Manage the day-to-day logistics of Operations & Maintenance, Janitorial Operations, and the Service Center, ensuring goals are met and the campus is properly maintained .
• Assist the Operations & Maintenance team in the repair and/or replacement of any campus lighting or plumbing related issues as needed.
• Oversee all office relocations, which includes assisting with the moving of furniture and any required office repairs as needed.
• Collaborate with the Operations & Maintenance, Janitorial and Information Technology teams on office relocations and facility maintenance requests.
• Maintain AFI's key inventory and assist with duplication requests.
• Create and maintain a master shared calendar for all campus facilities use and support services.
• Manage and complete facility rental agreements, including fee collection and logistical set-ups.
• Work closely with the AFI Conservatory Administration to facilitate Faculty needs (i.e. office space, access to screening rooms, delivery of furniture/equipment).
• Manage planning and logistics, as well as day-of support, for all on campus events (e.g., Opening Day, Alumni events, etc.) and off campus events (e.g., LAA, Commencement, etc.) .
• Collaborate with Human Resources team in managing the parking process, issuance and inventory control of parking decals for Fellows, faculty and staff.
• Coordinate with Operations and Scheduling Assistant on all driver requests for film deliveries, package pick-ups and messenger services.
• Complete delivery and pick-up requests for the CEO's Office and last-minute deliveries when necessary.
• Act as a liaison between AFI and external vendors, which includes monitoring they ensure full compliance with AFI's established standards.
• Manage compliance issues and collaborate with AFI's insurance providers on various insurance aspects, such as insurance certificates for vendors, production insurance and registration for AFI vehicles.
• Under the direction of the Director, Campus Operations, oversee the AFI Safety Program, collaborating with the Human Resources team to implement and execute campus wide safety initiatives including Emergency Response Team (ERT) First-Aid and emergency response training, emergency evacuation drills and Emergency Response communications to all AFI staff, faculty and Fellows.
• Provide backup coverage for processing mail and packages in the Service Center as needed.
• Provide emergency coverage for Campus Security during personnel shortages as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
• Minimum four years' experience in facilities and/or building maintenance.
• Minimum two years supervisory experience.
• Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external contacts.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities and the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Calendar scheduling software.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Must be available to work some evenings and weekends and be available by personal cell phone during non-office hours for time sensitive, business-related communications.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, clean driving record and a fair knowledge of Los Angeles freeways and surrounding roadways.
• Ability to stand/work for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to run and/or climb stairs to respond quickly to emergency situations.
• Exposure to inclement weather; required to work in/or under conditions that require the use of protective gear with an awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
• Must be available via cell phone during non-business hours.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.