American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/16/2023 2:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Education - Instructor, Professor... Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Manager, Admissions jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Admissions postings
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Manager, Admissions
DEPARTMENT: Admissions, AFI Conservatory
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
COVID PROTOCOL: AFI requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees,
subject to limited, legally required exceptions. Proof of vaccination, or documentation supporting an
exception to this policy, will be required prior to employment.
The American Film Institute is a nonprofit organization with a mandate to champion the moving
image as an art form. Established in 1967, AFI launched the first comprehensive history of American
film and sparked the movement for film preservation in the United States. In 1969, AFI opened the
doors of the AFI Conservatory, a graduate-level program to train narrative filmmakers.
The Manager, Admissions is responsible for the daily operations of the Admissions office regarding
document processing, application file management, and organizing matters related to the
admissions process from recruiting, advertising, outreach and point of inquiry through enrollment.
Application Process 50%:
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to create a Strategic Enrollment Plan by
identifying, developing, and implementing projects designed to maintain and improve
efficiency and productivity of the Admissions department.
• Work closely with the Discipline Heads, Admissions Committee members, and all faculty
involved in application review, recruitment, and other related Admissions activities.
• Recruit alumni reviewers and work with the Human Resources department to ensure the
proper paperwork is completed.
• Hire and manage temporary staff during the application review process from November through
• Oversee the application review and interview process.
• Serve as the admissions application reviewer, third reviewer, or interviewer in the formal
applicant interview process, as needed.
• Provide support for AFI staff, faculty, Fellows, and alumni as needed.
• Manage and participate in the Admissions Selection Committee meetings.
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to review, revise and compile all
acceptance packet correspondence.
• Work with the Director of Admissions in the preparation and coordination of the
disbursements of notification letters and acceptance packets.
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions on the final document (official transcripts,
IBE reports) to be submitted to the Registrar's office for incoming Fellows.
• Collaborate with the Office of Fellow Affairs to disseminate communication to accepted
and confirmed Fellows.
• Collaborate with the Bursar in the preparation of deposits and communication to accepted and
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions and the AFI Innovative and Short-term Programs
teams on admissions, outreach, data management, and potential conversations with MFA
Data Reporting 25%:
• Collaborate with key administrative officers for Admissions related activities, as well as provide
Admissions related support for projects including data reports, advertising, and marketing
• Generate regular reports for critical stakeholders at AFI and AFIC.
• Work closely with the IT, Marketing, and Creative teams to collect pertinent data.
• Gather scholarship information for the Scholarship Committee to review and consider.
Web and Software Management 10%:
• Update and manage the Admissions and AFI Conservatory related web content.
• Manage the Admissions GradCAS/WebAdmit and Empower modules- create and update
applications, create, update and review interview forms (as needed), troubleshoot
problems for staff, faculty, and alumni admissions readers/interviewers.
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to create programs that meet the
Conservatory's admissions goals.
• Act as an AFI Conservatory spokesperson at recruitment events and site visits, as necessary.
• Participate in national recruitment travel, as necessary.
• Update and revise PowerPoint presentations for recruitment events.
• In collaboration with the Director of Admissions, prepare advertisement and marketing
tools to enhance recruitment and retention efforts.
• Provide event coordination for off-campus events.
• Create, edit, and update the Enrollment Process manual, as necessary, to ensure a uniformed
method of processing; this includes creating and updating all templates for correspondence
• Manage the AFI Conservatory information phone line and Applicant email account, providing
an AFI Conservatory information center, both for internal and external inquiries.
• Remain knowledgeable of all AFI Conservatory program specifics and application
• Remain current on all AFI Conservatory programs, curricula, special presentations and
general AFI projects.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum three years experience in either Admissions or progressive work experience in a
non-profit environment as an office manager.
• Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport
with internal and external contacts.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with
appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through
• Exceptional management, organizational and interpersonal skills, including a commitment to
strategic and operational planning and excellence.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high functioning team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts
and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work
independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to
maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude.
• Excellent computer skills, with strong knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Zoom;
knowledge of Empower Student Information System, WebAdmit preferred.
• Capacity to thrive in the exciting, ambitious, future-oriented environment of a world-class
institution and to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Must be able work some evenings and weekends; some travel required.