Intern - Programming
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Programming College Credit Only
The Programming Intern will gain a privileged perspective into the selection process as it pertains to AFI Festivals (AFI FEST, AFI DOCS, Meet the Press). The Intern will learn the process and structure of an international film festival's programming, while assisting with various programming related research projects under the tutelage of Manager, Programming, AFI Festivals. The intern will gain an understanding of the broader festival landscape, the festival timeline and the film industry structure as it pertains to festivals.
• Receive training on the reasonings behind films admittance into a festival while attending programming meetings and selected screenings.
• Learn the process of how a film festival secures its films while participating in outside calls and meetings with studios, distributors or agencies under the guidance of Director, Programming, AFI Festivals.
• Screen festival film submissions and develop written coverage in conjunction with training on writing and film education.
• Receive training and an overview of international festival line-ups and recent films.
• Current enrollment in college or university.
• Academic interest in film history and theory.
• Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite, comfortable in a Mac environment.
• Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 pounds.
• Availability for one academic term. Internship hours will be coordinated around academic requirements.
Note: The internship is for the benefit and training of the intern and shall be unpaid.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online