Human Resources Assistant
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support services for the Chief Resource Officer and the Human Resources team. This includes matters pertaining to (1) processing of employment forms; (2) recruitment and staffing support, (3) timesheet administration; (4) parking notifications; and (5) information tracking and reporting. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience exercising independent judgement and action when dealing with staff, management, faculty, Fellows and external contacts on a variety of matters, and must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the performance of all duties.
• Act as a primary liaison for routine HR matters and answer a variety of employment related queries and other related questions verbally or in writing; refer more detailed requests regarding HR processes and procedures to the appropriate HR team member.
• Provide all core administrative functions to the Chief Resource Officer, including answering incoming calls and calendar management.
• Answer the HR Department phone lines.
• Support recruitment and selection efforts by posting open positions, sourcing resumes, creating recruitment files, tracking applicants and scheduling candidate interviews.
• Oversee the New Hire Paperwork process, ensuring documents are appropriately tracked and accurate; assist with the New Hire Orientation by preparing Employee Handbooks and/or Benefits Packets for all new hires.
• Coordinate with the IT team on the creation or deactivation of email accounts, phone extensions, etc. for all new and outgoing employees.
• Review and verify staffing data with payroll for all types of changes in employment status.
• Liaise with the Payroll department with respect to employees' status changes and leave of absence to facilitate correct payroll processing.
• Process employee resignations and schedule exit interviews with the appropriate HR team member.
• Provide logistical support for the Employee Performance Review (EPR) process, which includes the receipt and tracking of EPRs and job descriptions.
• Generate and prepare complex documents, update staffing list and maintain personnel data, including reports, confidential correspondence and AFI Organizational Charts in a timely manner as necessary.
• Generate, produce and distribute various company forms ensuring accuracy and timeliness; proactively update and maintain the AFI Intranet and the HR Department forms inventory, including benefit collateral material.
• In collaboration with the Manager, General Administration, maintain, update and distribute the personnel directory, benefits contact sheets and various company materials in a timely manner.
• In collaboration with the Manager, General Administration, maintain department filing system, ensuring a high degree of accuracy and organization.
• Assist the Manager, Benefits Administration with processing Workers' Compensation, disability and unemployment claims.
• Distribute bi-weekly timecard email reminders for the Los Angeles, Maryland and DC offices.
• Provide relief coverage for the Campus Information Center (Switchboard) and Assistant to the President & CEO as needed.
• Assist the Manager, General Administration with the ordering of HR Department supplies.
• Compile information and generate reports as requested.
• Performs other duties and assignments as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related field, required.
• Minimum two to three years strong administrative experience supporting a busy, multi-person department; prior experience in a Human Resources department, with a working knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles is required.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently while being an integral member of a fast-paced, high-functioning, results oriented team; ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); comfortable working in an IOS-based (Mac computer) environment.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Ability to negotiate challenging situations and personalities with a professional and positive attitude.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the film and television community is a plus.
The Human Resources Assistant performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Manager, Human Resources.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online