American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and executing creative strategies and campaigns for, but not limited to, AFI print materials, video and web. In addition, the Graphic Designer facilitates and manages the printing and production process of creative deliverables and manages the production and installation of work with outside vendors.
• Using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, create effective, eye-catching materials ranging from national print and outdoor advertising to direct mail solicitation and catalog/magazine layouts to web banners and social media to packaging.
• Create formal ''pitch'' presentations to promote AFI programs and initiatives.
• Provide graphic design and project support to requesting departments to determine style, technique and medium best suited to produce desired effects.
• Develop and maintain visual standards for the AFI brand.
• Proofread copies for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Negotiate pricing and coordinate design materials with outside vendors, including printers, mail houses, etc.
• Perform a multitude of projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are consistently met and standards and budgets are maintained.
• Remain current in the Graphic Design industry by identifying new traits, techniques and shortcuts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Graphic Arts.
• 3-5 years hands-on professional design experience in entertainment, packaged goods, advertising or a design agency.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Knowledge of design process for web, mobile and social media platforms and applications is a strong plus.
• Proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Premiere is a strong plus.
• Expert skills in presentation design using Keynote and PowerPoint.
• Proven experience with brand design and execution.
• Extensive knowledge of pre-press and printing processes.
• Strong ability to think strategically, envision design concepts and execute direction with minimal supervision and revision.
• A strong team player comfortable collaborating and offering helpful feedback. Successfully able to collaborate with all departments/levels of the organization and third parties in a highly professional manner.
• Successfully able to multi-task and work with tight timelines.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must.
• Proven ability to handle numerous details, with appropriate follow up and reporting activities.
• Strong self-motivation and self-initiative; ability to take direction as well as work independently on multiple projects.
• Must demonstrate a friendly and cooperative attitude with internal and external contacts.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Graphic Designer performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Creative Director, Creative Services, and works in collaboration with the Creative Services and AFI Web teams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online