American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Finance Manager and assists with accounts payable functions and other financial and business analysis duties.
• Review all incoming purchase orders for appropriate signatures and budget allocation.
• Perform data entry of invoices, credit memos, manual payments and journal entries.
• Create and distribute ACH payment coversheets.
• Process ACH/check disbursements.
• Check budget availability and process payments.
• Administration of vendor account set-ups.
• Mail distribution (including routing of incoming mail to employees as well as outgoing Finance mail).
• Filing of check payments, ACH payments, wire payments, cleared checks, W-9s and journal entries.
• Handle incoming vendor and staff inquiries as well as requests to vendors for invoices, W-9s and other information.
• Administration of the weekly check run (creation of check batch, cutting of checks, matching checks to invoices, distribution, etc.).
• Assist as needed with petty cash counts and credit card processing.
• Assist other Finance team members as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High school diploma required; Some college and basics accounting knowledge preferred.
• Minimum one year general office experience including light bookkeeping.
• General accounting knowledge highly dersirable.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a MAC environment.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with internal and external stakeholders..
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Finance Assistant performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online