Desktop Support Technician
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/12/2021 9:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Desktop Support Technician jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Desktop Support Technician postings
Full Time Job
The Desktop Support Technician is a hands-on role and is responsible for providing basic organizational desktop and mobile-device support in a primarily Mac-based environment as part of a larger IT team. The Technician also ensures accurate hardware, software, network and application incident assignment, documentation and tracking using a help desk ticketing system.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for help desk support tickets and IT help line calls; responsibilities include but are not limited to basic computer, landline, and mobile device support; installing, managing, and troubleshooting printers, desktop computers running macOS and Windows operating systems, common applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud, and common web browsers such as Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
• Monitor the IT help desk ticket system, assigning issues to IT team members as appropriate and ensuring accurate and detailed documentation of problems, analysis and resolution actions.
• Perform after-hours on-call support as needed to ensure 24/7 coverage.
• Communicate IT best practices in relation to user issues to the AFI community.
• Schedule and perform approved software improvements and upgrades as directed.
• Assist with IT-related documentation/document preparation and processing as needed, including but not limited to purchase orders, invoices, and expense reports.
• Collaborate on routine server maintenance as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, or combination of education and experience necessary to complete the essential function of the position, required.
• A minimum of two years of hands-on IT helpdesk experience with direct knowledge of and experience with the setup, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of macOS and Windows operating systems and multiple hardware and software platforms.
• Demonstrated capability of operating and troubleshooting common end-user applications.
• Ability to apply creative thinking to problem-solving, while adhering to established policies and procedures.
• Ability to interface with all levels of employees while projecting confidence in technical abilities and communicating results and next steps.
• Ability to build service relationships with internal constituents; develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments across the organization, ensuring the IT department is well received and consistently represents professional standards and deliverables.
• A champion for exceptional customer service to provide solutions to technological and operational issues and concerns for the enterprise; demonstrated ability to provide end-users with best-in-class service and timely, creative solutions.
• Strong time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision while also contributing to a high functioning team.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to take initiative on handling issues and assignments.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
AFI requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, subject to limited, legally required exceptions. Proof of vaccination, or documentation supporting an exception to this policy, will be required prior to employment