American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Office of the Vice Deans and for ensuring the office functions effectively and efficiently.
The Coordinator will also act as a liaison across the AFI Conservatory and beyond to facilitate the exchange of key information emanating from the Office of the Vice Deans and will work cross-functionally with other members of Conservatory Administration to ensure projects and deliverables run smoothly.
• Provide all core administrative functions to the Vice Deans, including, but not limited to, answering incoming phone calls, calendar management, ordering office supplies, processing expense reports and providing oversight of the physical office space (i.e. ensuring the office is professional in appearance at all times)..
• Ensure efficient workflow of materials through the Office of the Vice Deans to other AFI Conservatory and Institute departments.
• Generate and prepare complex documents, including emails, memoranda, reports, confidential correspondence, reviews, summaries, etc., as needed.
• Develop and maintain a organized e-filing system, document sharing and tracking databases, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of accurate faculty and staff records in excel and/or FileMaker Pro (or equivalent).
• Coordinate the organization of meetings and events, which could include liaising with industry professionals, catering, identifying and purchasing supplies, as well as assisting with set-up.
• Serve as the recording secretary at Conservatory governance council meetings, as assigned; create action item lists for each Vice Dean based on details discussed during the meetings.
• Integrate documentation in established e-filing and document sharing system.
• Assist the Vice Deans and other members of AFI Conservatory Administration.with general project management duties.
• Provide initial project support to Discipline Heads and other stakeholders within the Administration and Academic Affairs Departments.on processes and procedures creation; transition finalized projects to appropriate stakeholders, while still functioning as subject matter expert for training or troubleshooting.
• Collaborate with the Manager, Conservatory Administration on faculty contracts, related payment requests, and other duties as necessary.
• Collaborate with the Conservatory Bursar and Finance Manager on the invoice and purchase order process for major purchases, and manage these processes for the Vice Deans and other stakeholders within Conservatory Administration.
• Liaise and maintain excellent communications with external professional and industry contacts
• on behalf of the Vice-Deans and Discipline Heads as instructed.
• Act as point person for the sharing of information and/or corresponding with other individuals/departments on the behalf of the Vice Deans as instructed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years' experience as an administrative support professional.
• Fluency in film and production concepts and terminology required.
• Experience in working an academic environment and with accreditation bodies preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simple terms through oral and written communications.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
• Detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated fluency in Microsoft Office Suite tools, and experience with Filemaker or equivalent.
• Excellent calendar and schedule experience, with an eye to detail and organizational communication.
• Ability to engage internal and external stakeholds in a professional manner, including faculty, staff, and Fellows.
• Personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire trust.
The Coordinator performs all responsibilities and duties under the guidance and supervision of the Vice Dean of Academic Affairs and the Vice Dean of Administration.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online