Coordinator, Thesis Production
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Thesis Production is responsible for coordinating day-to-day production activities, in addition to assisting the Thesis Production team and filmmakers with the preparation of their productions.
• Coordinate production activities for AFI Thesis Productions.
• Verify accuracy and completion of employment information, including driver qualification documentation, work permits and safety passports.
• In collaboration with the AFI Production team, assist in updating and maintaining the Thesis Production schedule and calendar.
• Act as the Liaison between filmmakers and Human Resources to facilitate accurate reporting of Worker Compensation claims.
• Facilitate preparation for, and documentation of, productions.
• Create certificates of insurance for productions and assist with claims as needed.
• Support Thesis office in communication with SAG-AFTRA and the DGA.
• Review call sheets, SAG-AFTRA Exhibit Gs and production reports on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to the filmmakers
• Assist the Manager, Production and Distribution Finance with Budget Locks as needed.
• Collaborate with Thesis office to generate statistical analysis of production, including average set-ups and first shot times and production staff and faculty work hours, etc.
• Support the Green Initiative and sustainable production efforts in coordination with the Thesis office.
• Support Thesis Production with coordinating meetings and scheduling as needed.
• Support Thesis office with film distribution related work as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum three years motion picture and/or television production experience.
• Minimum two years adminastrative experience, including use of deal memos.
• Minimum two years experience working in a production office and working on set as a production liaison.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of set and production office procedures, including working knowledge of SAG-AFTRA, DGA and other Union agreements.
• Familiarity with a wider variety of production forms.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the employment of minors.
• Experience overseeing general set and office safety protocols.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with the appropriate follow-up and reporting activities.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent Internet and computer skills with strong knowledge in the Google Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, FileMaker Pro and other production office software and databases.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Coordinator, Thesis Production performs all duties and responsibilities under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, Thesis Production.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online