Coordinator, Production Finance
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2022 1:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Search for Coordinator, Production Finance jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Production Finance postings
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Production Finance is responsible for providing financial and budgetary guidance to Fellows while also supporting the Senior Manager, Production and Distribution Finance with First Year and Second Year Conservatory productions.
• Reconcile all financial reports for production and distribution.
• Request necessary supporting documentation for transfer requests and audit for accuracy.
• Draft transfer requests for production, distribution, and departmental purposes.
• Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure completion of transfer requests and confirm receipt.
• Lead all Budget Lock and Cost Report Meetings.
• Review all Budgets, quotes, deal memos and estimates and advise of potential issues.
• Audit all receipts and ensure their accurate organization.
• Advise Fellows on production and distribution financial policies and procedures.
• Audit bank statements, check ledgers, account closures and final cast lists with each production in preparation for delivery.
• Audit all Entertainment Partners product set up documents to confirm accuracy of deferred compensation, residuals and pension, health and welfare contributions.
• Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Production and Distribution Finance on analyzing distribution agreements and corresponding with filmmakers for additional materials.
• Maintain Production Finance and Distribution databases as needed.
• Act as backup to the Senior Manager, Production and Distribution Finance in handling any issues with First- and Second-Year productions.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years Production entertainment Accounting or related Finance experience.
• Knowledge of basic process, terminology and procedures of motion picture production, television and/or other media required.
• Experience implementing contractual terms, including SAG-AFTRA and DGA provisions.
• Experience auditing Production Budgets and Cost Reports.
• Strong computer skills with expertise in Office 365 and cloud-based SaaS integrations.
• Working knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting, Movie Magic Scheduling, and Showbiz SAG-AFTRA Timecards software;
• Familiarity with production forms such as call sheets and production reports, location agreements, contracts, releases and clearance documentation is a plus.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex financial concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Coordinator, Production Finance performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Manager, Production and Distribution Finance.