Coordinator, Office of the CAO
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Coordinator, Office of the CAO
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Coordinator, Office of the CAO (Chief Advancement Officer) is responsible for a high level of multi-tasking across all core administrative functions. The Coordinator acts as a liaison across the organization to facilitate exchange of key information and ensuring that the CAO's office functions effectively and efficiently on a daily basis. In addition, the Coordinator supports CAO in AFI Trustee support and special fundraising campaigns.
• Work with the CAO to manage critical projects and call lists and help ensure that priority projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate flow of communications and materials in the CAO's office, including answering phones, drafting correspondence, reviewing materials, budgeting and financial presentation, distribution of mail and approvals.
• Manage the CAO's calendar, ensuring meetings and events are scheduled, notated and appointments confirmed.
• Schedule donor meetings and coordinate follow-up for CAO as requested.
• Prepare travel arrangements anticipating the CAO's schedule.
• Manage administrative functions including expense reports, supplies, subscriptions and department files.
• Manage special projects and events as assigned by the CAO, including the development of solicitation materials, follow-up, events, donor recognition signage and benefit fulfillment.
• Coordinate pledge reminders, gift transmittals and acknowledgements for Trustee and special campaigns.
• Prepare research briefings on prospective and current donors utilizing on-line databases, existing files and other resources.
• Coordinate the Board of Trustees annual campaign in consultation with the CAO's tracking calendar of solicitations, benefit fulfillment and recognition.
• Track and manage department expense budgets and reports. Process and track purchase orders and reconcile monthly budget and expense reports.
• Assist Board of Trustees and other major donors with requests or special assistance.
• Work with peers in the department to maintain Tessitura database; promote best practices, including list management and support functions.
• Periodic special event work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Two years administrative/executive assistant experience preferred.
• Advancement, special events or other fundraising experience preferred.
• Exceptional project management skills, including accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Highest level of proficiency related to all core administrative functions, including computer proficiency with expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with donor database management and on-line research databases.
• High proficiency working with the Tessitura database essential.
• Strong self-motivation and self-initiative; ability to take direction as well as work independently on multiple projects.
• Proven ability to handle numerous details with appropriate follow up and reporting activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with staff, faculty, high-level donors, patrons and guests in a professional environment.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Experience or knowledge of film preferred.
The Coordinator, Office of the CAO performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Advancement Officer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online