Assistant Manager - Theater Operations
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Assistant Manager, Theater Operations
DEPARTMENT: AFI FEST
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
ASSIGNMENT: TEMPORARY_(10/15/18 - 11/16/18)__
The Assistant Manager, Theater Operations is responsible for working with the Director, Theater Operations and Presentations, to prepare for and oversee the operations at all festival theater venues. The Assistant Manager also interacts with Theater Managers, the Theater and Event Technical and Programming teams, as well as all other departments to ensure ideal presentations.
• Assist the Director, Theater Operations and Presentations in preparing for the festival by creating and updating documents such as theater bible pages, reports, tally sheets, schedules, etc.
• Assist in the process of ordering and assembling all materials and supplies necessary for festival theater operations.
• Interact with the AFI Fest Production and Operations teams, as well as AFI Productions to participate in the planning of all aspects of presentations at venues.
• During the festival, support the Director, Theater Operations and Presentations in managing all aspects of film screenings and other presentations.
• Support Theater Managers when necessary.
• Disperse reserve lists, updated bible sheets, and any other documents or materials necessary for theater operations.
• Collect the Theater Manager tally sheets and screening reports; log actual start and end times, attendance, and noting any issues that occur.
• Attend a daily AFI Fest Theater and Event Technical, Programming and Operations teams meeting.
• Liaise with TCL Chinese, TCL Chinese 6-Plex and Egyptian Venue Managers as necessary.
• Assist with Gala execution as assigned.
• Ensure that video-screen presentations throughout the festival are functioning and playing the correct content.
• Provide a comprehensive wrap report (e.g., procedural outline, comments on the operation of the festival, suggestions and recommendations for improvement, etc.) as outlined in the AFI FEST policy book and deliver a digital file and a hard copy of the report to the Director, Production and Operations during the exit interview. All job specific reports and files must be well organized and submitted during the exit interview.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years experience in theater or venue management at a prominent film festival.
• Knowledge of film festival environment and international film community.
• Strong leadership, time management and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with FileMaker Pro database and a professional box office ticketing system is preferred.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the film and television community is desired.
The Assistant Manager, Theater Operations performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Theater Operations and Presentations.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online