Assistant Film Programmer
American Film InstituteSilver Spring, MD
This was removed by the employer on 7/29/2021 9:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Assistant Film Programmer jobs in Silver Spring-MD
Search all Assistant Film Programmer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Film Programmer?
Full Time Job
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Film Programmer is responsible for assisting the AFI Silver Programming Department in the planning, development and execution of AFI Silver Theatre's programming.
• Assist the Director, Programming in the planning and execution of AFI Silver Theatre's programming, including development and research of new programming ideas; drafting program notes and related materials; maintaining distributor relations and reporting of grosses; research of theatrical rights and print availability, booking of film prints, timely payment and oversight of accounts payable; and planning and coordination of special events as needed.
• Coordinate all print traffic for scheduled films and videos, ensuring timely shipment to and from various locations, including appropriate communication with inbound and outbound parties and completion of all necessary paperwork.
• Coordinate with the Projection team to receive and ensure timely inspection of all films and videos scheduled for exhibition to determine correct materials were received and are in suitable condition for presentation.
• Provide the Theater team with current program schedule information for entry into the point of sale system, including weekly slotting updates.
• Assemble weekly movie directory listings and distribute both internally and externally via Marketing and Publicity staff.
• Distribute information on new bookings, changes and special event details to theatre front of house staff; website, publicity and marketing teams as necessary.
• Assist in the creation of program guides and promotional materials, coordinating with the AFI Marketing Communications team as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years film programming or similar experience.
• Knowledge of commercial film distribution; familiarity with specialty distributors, studios and archival collections desirable.
• Experience with domestic and international shipping.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work independently or as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Familiarity with website development desirable.
• Experience with non-profit arts institutions desirable.
SUPERVISION: The Assistant Film Programmer performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Programming and Associate Director, AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center.