American DreamEast Rutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
East Rutherford, NJ
The main purpose of the Entertainment Supervisor is to create an innovative and fun family entertainment utilizing specialized skills and abilities. Guide the department to and provide outstanding internal and external guest service at all times. Ensure a positive guest experience.
• Oversee and supervise duties and responsibilities of the entertainment staff
• Supervise and direct character and dance performances
• Ensure all performances are of the highest standards and appropriate for family audiences
• Supervise and deliver consistent training and development of character performers, building skill sets and abilities
• Address team members' and guest concerns and inquiries
• Entertain NU guests in a professional manner and train entertainment staff to do the same
• Administer performance evaluations on specific job duties and disciplinary documents
• Ensure safety of the costumed characters
• Ensure that staff members adhere to the daily break schedules and rotation of characters in and out of costume as directed
• Foster a positive working environment for Entertainment Staff
• Ensure that staffing requirements are met
• Audition, hire and train performers
• Hire and train Entertainment Team Leads
• Coordinate staffing for special events and requests
• Supervise character performances at off-site promotional events, controlling crowds and interacting with guests in a support role
• Communicate with outside groups scheduling community relations events and appearances
• Plan and coordinate Entertainment needs for onsite and offsite events
• Ensure payroll is correct for character performers
• Abide by and enforce licensing agreements and regulations among Entertainment staff
• Track attendance of character performers
• Supervise the maintenance and cleaning of costumes
• Special events as assigned
• Education: College degree preferred in creative field
• Attaining 1-3 years' experience in related theatrical venues including a management role
• Ability to teach performance skills including workshops, dance and routines
• Public speaking experience helpful
• Ability to positively direct and motivate employees
• Ability to trouble shoot in a constantly changing environment/flexible with last minute changes
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs
Physical Job Requirements:
• Stand/move about - frequently, 90%
• Kneel/crouch - periodically, 25%
• Reach at or above shoulder level - periodically, 20%
• Reach at or below shoulder level - periodically, 20%
• Handle/lift large items such as boxes or packages - periodically, 20%
• Bend/stoop/squat - frequently, 50%
• Repetitive motion - occasionally, 30%
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your resume.
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As a world-class retail and entertainment destination, American Dream is being developed by Triple Five Group, owners of the two largest shopping and entertainment centers in North America - Mall of America and West Edmonton Mall.
Opening in 2019, American Dream is approximately 3 million square feet and will redefine the customer experience in shopping and leisure with a unique combination of retail, dining, technology, entertainment and attractions - all in one location. Anchor tenant Saks Fifth Avenue -- along with over 450 retail, food and specialty shops -- are complimented by North America's largest fully-enclosed indoor DreamWorks Water Park and Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park; a 16-story Big Snow Indoor Ski & Snow Park; Kidzania; a live Performing Arts Theater; 285-foot tall Observation Wheel; luxury movie theatres by Cinemex; Sea Life Aquarium, Lego Discovery Center; NHL-size Ice Rink; and two 18-hole miniature golf attractions. The center also features The Collections - a luxury and fashion area in the property and The Dining Terrace - a collection of fifteen full-service restaurants showcased in one location in the center.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online