Senior Manager, Production Finance, Nat Geo
American Broadcasting Production Services, Inc.Washington, DC
Full Time Job
National Geographic Partners, LLC (NCP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic Magazines; National Geographic Studios: related digital and social medial platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
As Senior Manager of Program Finance, you will serve a critical role in supporting the Director in the development and submission of the annual operating plan, long-range plan, quarterly forecasts and assist with month-end close procedures. The position requires a high level of coordination with program scheduling, business/legal affairs, production management and the Nat Geo international regions to ensure the information is accurate and up-to-date.
• Manage INTL program/finance database to ensure accuracy of all INTL programming records from greenlight through negotiation, contract approval and air date. Includes program cost, schedule air dates, cash flow, amortization and regional allocation.
• Liaise within finance team to reconcile Program Scheduling plans to investment, amortization and cash detail to support monthly/quarterly forecasts.
• Manage INTL programming budgets in coordination with regional programming manager in DC and programming/finance departments in regions, and programming/finance depts.
• Management of the NG Domestic Channels business from a P&L and cash forecast, planning and budgeting perspective
• Provide ad-hoc reports to INTL finance teams as needed (inventory for new channel launch, investment in programming required for local governments, impairments analysis, expirations for renewals, Top Productions Costs/NBV, etc.)
• Liaise with Disney Tax division for forecast & planning and provide audit support for semi-annual test of controls & procedures for JV Partnership and Disney
• Management of the NG Studios business – P&L planning & forecasting, overseeing production finance, cash management and internal deliveries
• Review for accuracy on payment releases from accounts payable system, including account coding, proper supporting documentation. Review payments in foreign currencies with an understanding of exchange rates.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with 2 to 3 years of applicable experience in finance and planning.
• Demonstrated experience with consolidation, budgeting, forecast planning and variance analysis for large complex organizations
• Advanced proficiency in excel to perform financial modeling and quantitative analysis
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and business presentations) and ability to interact with many levels of individuals within an organization
• Experience with financial reporting tools (Cognos and SAP a plus)
• Ability to flex and adapt work schedule to changing business demands and an international client group
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to prioritize & handle multiple assignments
Background in the media/entertainment industry particularly television
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or other related field
MBA in Finance or Business and CPA certification
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Production Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Production Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.