Multi-Platform Content Producer, Otvs
American Broadcast Services, Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
The ABC Owned Television Station group is looking for a dynamic multi-platform content producer to join our Central Content Group.
The Central Content Group supports our eight stations around the U.S. with coverage for high-impact events, including daily topical stories, corporate synergy, breaking news and tentpole events including elections and the Oscars. The Content Producer will be responsible for presenting OTV content to audiences across all platforms, including our websites, mobile apps, OTT and social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
We are seeking a seasoned candidate with extensive editorial experience. Candidates must be comfortable creating and optimizing news content across a wide variety of platforms as well as cultivating relationships and partnering remotely with content creators around the country. The candidate must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while demonstrating impeccable editorial judgment.
• Discover, pitch and report potential news stories for OTV platforms using editorial experience and news discovery tools
• Use a mix of editorial judgment and metrics to determine content priority
• Coordinate and communicate coverage and production with multi-platform producers across station group
• Create engaging content, including video, for all OTV platforms
• Version content in multiple formats to optimize for specific platforms
• Optimize content for search
• Partner with data analytics teams to establish and track KPIs, provide actionable insights and develop best practices
• Assist in conceptualizing series, evergreen content, and franchise ideas
• Work as a team, and take direction as needed to fulfill project needs
• Ability to conceive of and produce videos quickly and be interested in reviewing and analyzing the results of the work
• Contribute new ideas and concepts to the team on a regular basis and identify new opportunities for growth
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a digital news operation
• Prior experience programming digital platforms and managing social media accounts
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience with video editing using Adobe Premiere
• Knowledge of the digital media landscape, including mobile and social and interest in emerging platforms
• Familiarity with web analytics products
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
• Knowledge of AP Style and SEO best practices
• Must be available to work on short notice, including evenings, weekends and holidays during major news events
• Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Awareness of digital formats and trends in video as a unique style of video outside of television style production
• Ability to use Canon C100, Canon 5D or similar DSLR cameras
BA/BS from a four-year accredited college or university
Include 3 work samples with application via links. Please specify role in production (writing, reporting, editing, etc.)
This position is based in New York.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcast Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcast Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.