Vice President, Physical Production
Amblin PartnersUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Amblin Partners, a prestigious studio located in Universal City, is currently seeking a VP, Physical Production. This position will oversee all aspects of physical production, from inception through delivery. Reporting directly to the SVP, Physical Production, this key role will manage multiple projects in varying stages of pre-production, production, and post-production simultaneously.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
• Represents Amblin Partners on all assigned projects from inception through delivery
• Budget and Schedule review on assigned projects
• Ensure productions run smoothly, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
• Inform and draft production schedule
• Hiring and/or approval of key below the line personnel and crew, including line producer, production designer, costume designer, cinematographer, etc.
• Approval of key locations, venues, and sub-contractors
• Administrating all pertinent paperwork
• Monitoring schedules, production reports, hot costs, pre-production cash flows, cost reports
• Liaise in-house with creative production team, business affairs, production finance, post-production, VFX and publicity
• Liaison during production with producers, UPM, and production accountants as needed.
• Troubleshooting with producers when problems arise
• Tracks up and coming talent and new technologies
• Manages a small, but efficient team. Additionally, alongside the SVP, helps lead departmental initiatives.
• Keeps up on changes in unions, guilds, locations (inc. tax incentives), crew and equipment rates.
• Minimum 5-7 years production experience, with an emphasis on long-form, film production
• On set experience as a Production Supervisor or Line Producer a plus
• Must have extensive industry and agency contacts
• General knowledge of foreign film production, including locations, tax incentives and foreign crews
• Proficiency with Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• BA degree or commensurate experience required
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and weekends with short notice is critical
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the US.
• Must be willing to work at Amblin Partners headquarters in Los Angeles located near Burbank/University City.
• Team player who enjoys both working independently and values being part of a great team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Well organized with strict attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments in a highly challenging and constantly changing environment
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Work well under pressure, always maintaining a positive solutions-oriented business approach
Job Code: 21-01
Please refer to Job #21-01 in the subject line of your email.
Due to the expected volume of responses, we will only be able to respond back to those most qualified for the position.
No phone calls please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online