Amblin PartnersUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Job Description: Located in Universal City at a well-respected entertainment company, this position will report to the Chief Accounting Officer, as well as work closely with Human Resources.
The person's main responsibility will be to process biweekly payroll in accordance with federal and state guidelines. He/She will manage company benefits, by both determining the employee's share of benefits and reconciling to third party billings. He/She will take responsibility for employee on-boarding, off-boarding and status changes as it relates to payroll and benefits once notified from HR. The position also manages the company's 401(k) plan. The ability to work confidentially and independently is a must, as this person will function independently, handling all aspects of payroll for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position.
- Accurately and timely process bi-weekly payroll for approximately 100 employees; research and resolve any employee concerns related to paychecks, deduction and/or taxes. Ensure paychecks are correct and delivered on time; Calculate salary and overtime.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, FSA deductions, and job titles.
- Manage on-boarding, off-boarding and employee changes as it relates to payroll and benefits; initiate the periodic review of personnel and related data to assure information is accurate and reconciled.
- Responsible for all payroll related projects including year-end preparations, documentation, employee tax issue and annual audits; prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Manage eligibility data, enrollment, deductions, and process contributions for company health benefits, 401K, and FSA.
- Assist in annual Open Enrollment process.
- Audit benefit records to ensure accuracy and consistency of data across various benefit systems both internally and externally with vendors.
- Maintain relationships with benefit brokers and TPA's.
- Partner with Finance Department to ensure payroll and benefits accruals are recorded accurately and timely; prepare payroll allocation files, at the direction of accounting management, to be loaded to the general ledger.
- Oversee time tracking system to ensure employees' time is properly recorded and related pay transactions are processed accurately.
- Lead corporate wide projects to improve payroll processes & being responsible for the resolution of non-routine payroll-related issues.
- Prepare year-end ACA reporting
- Continually analyze systems with financial and IT management to assure the company has incorporated the most efficient systems and processes.
- Understanding of wage & hour rules and laws.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of payroll experience. Strong knowledge of employment/tax laws and benefits administration.
- Intermediate excel skills required.
- Experience with payroll related benefits administration which includes transmission of
401(k) contributions, census reports, and health insurance billing reconciliation. Experience with leaves administration desired, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of payroll systems. Advanced knowledge of all MS Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizing abilities; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- High level of integrity, handling proprietary and confidential information; promotes confidence with other employees in handling of sensitive data.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality
Job Code: Job Code #1901
No phone calls please.
Due to anticipated volume, we will only be able to contact the most qualified candidates. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online