Video Editor, Prime Video
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video Global Marketing is looking for a Video Editor to join our AV Content Studio as we embrace a future where our creative storytelling contributes to our goal of becoming the world's most beloved video streaming company. In this role, you will work closely with our internal Creative Directors within our Creative Studio team, as well as our AV Post Production team and creative operation managers. You will collaborate with our genre marketing teams, Prime Video global brand, and cross-functional teams to create dynamic and engaging video content across a variety of executions.
Your responsibilities as a Video Editor include start-to-finish video editing for the following types of content including, but not limited to: theatrical movie and series trailers, short form content for social channels, broadcast and online spots, internal video content, brand-specific spots, featurettes and sizzle reels.
• Raise the bar creatively, delivering ever-better, best-in-class promotional materials that surprise and delight our global customers
• Insist on the highest standards, meeting and exceeding marketing objectives through compelling and innovative video creative.
• Earn trust with stakeholders
• Tackle problems within a team setting, or individually.
• Work under pressure and within tight deadlines on multiple concurrent projects while being flexible to changing business and technical conditions.
• Edit in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity
• Maintain edit bay for optimal editing workflow
• Maintain and organize backups of all current and ongoing projects.
• Create clips from archived content for alternative lengths and distribution.
• Properly QC for all formats
• Prioritize projects from various teams in a timely manner.
This is not a work-from-home position. Due to the nature of this job, candidates must be able to work full-time in the Amazon offices in Culver City.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders
• Experience working at or with a creative or advertising agency, network, streaming service, or studio
• Understanding of the workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company
• 3 years of creative services experience
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
• 5 years experience at in-house agency or at external creative agency teams
• 3 years working in theatrical and/or broadcast television/streaming spaces
• Experience with Adobe Premiere, Avid, After Effects, Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
• Experience in sound design software such ProTools required
• Experience with creative editing, online, finishing, including color correction and audio mixing/sweetening, mastering and occasional compositing/rotoscoping, specifically ProTools and DaVinci Resolve
• Understanding of aspect ratios, frame rates, conversions, & codecs
• Must provide a current demo reel or link showcasing previous video editing work