Vendor Manager, Artist Merch
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/10/2021 7:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Vendor Manager, Artist Merch jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Vendor Manager, Artist Merch postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vendor Manager, Artist Merch?
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas reach millions of consumers worldwide. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Amazon Music Free and more. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in streaming, and customer engagement.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class retailer. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them in the Merch business.
Amazon Music Artist Merch team is looking for a self-driven Vendor Management candidate that has a proven track record of delivering results with pace and integrity. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about a business, with the ability to build clear processes, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Vendor Manager will work with Merch's most strategic vendors and be responsible for selection expansion, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, managing vendor setup and new item setup processes, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, and driving sales and margin improvements. In addition, the Vendor Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon internal groups such as in-stock management, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and retail systems.
As a Vendor Manager, you will:
• Understand drivers and opportunities of the category P&L
• Manage relationships with vendors
• Leverage metrics to identify opportunities and drive efficiencies in the business
• Identify roadblocks, brainstorm solutions and drive resolution of problems
• Be the single-threaded owner responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver results on campaigns and projects
• Conduct business reviews with Sr. Vendor Managers and leadership regarding business progress and roadblocks
The successful Vendor Manager must be able to:
• Define a strategy for the business and break it down into actionable goals
• Institute best practices and processes which can be replicated across all categories
• Lead change with cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 years experience in Account Management, Project/Program Management, or Buying
• Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration