Unscripted Development Coordinator
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2020 10:27:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Unscripted Development Coordinator jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Unscripted Development Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Unscripted Development Coordinator? Unscripted Development Coordinator, Local Original Formats
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios' Original Content for Prime Video is available to global Prime members, bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning, Emmy-winning, popular series including Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, All Or Nothing: Manchester City, Jack Ryan, El Corazon de Sergio Ramos, The Grand Tour and The Boys.
Amazon Studios is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Unscripted Development Coordinator to support the Unscripted Local Originals Formats team, based in Culver City, California. You will help the team build on its early success, helping define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching across local markets around the world, outside of the US. We are looking for a creative, strategic and administratively adept person with a passion for Unscripted TV of all genres (Reality, Docu-series, Shiny-Floor stage shows, Dating, Competition, etc) who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, but is also comfortable working autonomously.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task, juggling both creative development, project tracking, and executive administration. You will have the ability to independently complete series-related content and programming projects, reacting with appropriate urgency and expertise to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround across multiple timezones around the world. This is not a 9-5 desk job, but one that will require flexibility in managing your own time, often joining early morning calls and evening video meetings. You will need to use your excellent communication and written skills to respond to situations and requests.
We look forward to you using your creativity to solve interesting and complex problems that affect the teams and productions with which you will be working. To succeed in this role, you must have a curiosity in learning about new local cultures and understand the nuances in programming for local markets.
• Develop and maintain tracking mechanisms as well as provide notes on submitted pitches, treatments, and episodes as needed
• Have a knowledge of key stakeholders in the unscripted creative community
• Support the executives in all department-related and series-related projects, internal and external requests and special team initiatives
• Coordinate and interface with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios, as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
• Shadow creative projects as requested/interested
• Contribute as a member of the Content and Programming team to ensure group success, including working closely with the Creative Executives
• Coordinate general meetings for department executives across various time zones, maintain format bibles, schedules, master lists and all other related documents for all international unscripted formats and unscripted development slates in new markets
• Attend pitch meetings and evaluate incoming pitches, as necessary
• Work with cross-functional teams in various local offices and serve as a ''knowledge hub'' for current projects and formats in development
• Maintain positive attitude and willingness to be a team player while wearing multiple hats.
• Support special projects as the business need arises.
• Assist in managing the project submission process and upkeep of submission logs
• General administrative support including but not limited to: heavy calendar scheduling, digital filing, and coordination for meetings with external partners
• 2 years of experience as an assistant at a studio or production company or 1 year experience as a creative executive
• Experience assessing industry talent and trends
• Previous experience as an assistant in an unscripted department at an agency, studio or unscripted production company
• Experience with executive level calendar management
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products
• 2 years of professional experience This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.