Technical Program Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
As a senior member of the team, you will spend your time as a cross-team technical program manager and a technical leader. You will play a key role in establishing the processes that help teams deliver successfully, diving deep into technical architectures to identify gaps and risks, and managing program stakeholders to keep them informed regularly. You will be given the freedom to explore and pursue your own ideas with the reward of seeing them executed by product and engineering teams and sharing the result with your own family and friends.
Our products deliver streaming videos to millions of customers every day. Our architecture supports billions of requests by leveraging the latest in AWS cloud technologies including Lambda, S3, Step Functions, Dynamo DB and Dynamo DB Accelerator (DAX). Machine Learning aspects of our service can be learned on the job.
Are you inspired to lead and launch new products? Apply now to shape and influence a product used by millions around the world.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7 years of relevant engineering experience
• 5 years of technical program management experience
• Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Exceptional knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football and Premier League Soccer. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 250 territories worldwide.
The Selection Distribution team designs, implements, and operates large-scale distributed services used to deliver an offer to a customer for every streaming title on Prime Video. These offers let customers decide to rent, buy, or stream for free as part of their Prime subscription. This provides the unique challenge of building systems that decide whether an offer is ready for customers, distributing the offer at Amazon scale and continuously monitoring it in real-time so that customers have the best information to decide how to play their streaming title.