Technical Program Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/28/2020 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Technical Program Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Technical Program Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Program Manager? Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa.
Prime Video Catalog is focused on delivering world's largest selection of digital video with the best possible quality. We own the largest, richest catalog of video content in the world, available to customers as early as possible. We enable Prime Video customers all around the world to discover, purchase and consume content in any language anywhere.
This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with engineers, data analysts, managers, and key partner teams. You will be expected to regularly present to leadership on the overall status of key strategic initiatives, overall project risks and articulate recommended mitigation paths. We're looking for someone who possesses a solid TPM background, has lead medium/large projects in the past, and has technical background and experience (ideally within Amazon or other Big Data organizations). We're looking for someone who can keep their eye on the ball and not let anything fall off the radar. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipate bottlenecks and escalations, set realistic (yet aggressive) expectations, and clearly communicate to all levels of stakeholders are key requirements.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS• BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields
• 5 years of experience as TPM delivering large, cross-functional projects
• 3 years of experience delivering best in class back-end services
• 2 years of experience working with large-scale distributed systems
• Extremely strong verbal, written, and technical skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS• Strong customer focus and pragmatic decision-making
• Superior project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Experience delivering innovative experiences
• Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization
• Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Creative critical thinker with experience in making trade-offs
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels
• Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers.
• Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
• Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
• Help develop long-term technology strategies.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7 years of relevant engineering experience
• 5 years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7 years of experience as a software developer
• 5 years of experience managing people
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.