System Development Engineer, Studios Applications
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios creates bold and innovative original series and movies from top tier and up-and-coming creators for customers all over the world in over 200 countries.
The Studios Applications program focuses on creating apps and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize business processes and information workflows for the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
We are seeking talented contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment to create enterprise software solutions that revolutionize our business.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain scalable system infrastructure solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for development teams.
• Evolve systems engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
• 3 years of non-internship professional system development experience.
• Experience with cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc).
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch infrastructure services.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team and to interface with peer engineers across an organization.
• Scripting and / or programming experience in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java.
• Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro).
• Firm grasp of networking fundamentals.