AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Content Strategy team is seeking a Strategy Manager to join our Los Angeles-based group. This team is responsible for guiding Prime Video's content selection plans, including management of the global Originals greenlight process. The Content Strategy team works closely with senior leaders across creative development, content acquisition, finance, business affairs, marketing and production, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization. The Manager role will be an essential member of the team, with broad analytical and strategic responsibilities.
• Identify deep, actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our customers, globally
• Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
• Forecast and monitor content performance, track progress, and understand sources of variance
• Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward content offering
• Formulate Original series greenlight and renewal assessments, including content valuation and portfolio analysis
• BS in Marketing, Economics, Finance, or similar field
• 2 years' experience in investment banking, management consulting, or strategy/business development at a major media or technology company
• Experience with renewal assessments including content valuation and portfolio analysis
• Experience with competitive analysis, bench-marking, and/or market trends
• Experience using complex modeling and analysis to inform key business decisions
Prime Video is changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including ground-breaking, exclusive Amazon Original series and movies like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan and Manchester by the Sea, live concerts and sporting events like NFL Thursday Night Football, add-on channels like Showtime and HBO, and movie and TV purchases and rentals.