Sr. Technical Program Manager Amazon Music, New Projects
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music's New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music's New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
A successful candidate will be obsessed, highly analytical, have experience working on products and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. The ideal candidate will also be able to boil down a big vision for engagement into a simple set of features we can launch iteratively and experimentally, and know how to build support for their initiatives while taking input from other creative contributors.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product, software development, and platform teams. You will with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you enjoys solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
• Drive implementation and delivery of large- initiatives
• Lead agile engineering and teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a roadmap
• Understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
• Mentor junior employees and build effective teams
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
• System design experience
• 5 years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5 years of technical program management experience
• 3 years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience owning strategy and definition