Sr. Software Development Engineer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video enables the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or a living room sofa. Amazon Video Central is a new experience that enables content providers worldwide, from independent filmmakers to the largest studios, self-service tooling and automation to easily manage and make their content available to Amazon customers globally, including millions of Prime members. Video Central provides the key foundation for Amazon Video's strategy to scale content acquisition and ingestion globally. We are growing quickly and need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. Domain-specific skills in video can be learned on the job.
At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like development environment
You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
Successful candidates for this position will adapt quickly to new development environments, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within a world-class engineering team. You will work within a new but specialized team that will scale content acquisition from our partners, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners.
In order to meet our customer's high standards, we hold each other and ourselves to higher ones. You will work with really smart people, who are fun to be around, and who are always pushing you to learn more. You will be responsible for solving big problems, where answers need to be invented, and roads are not yet paved. You will also be involved in helping to build and direct self-organizing teams.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer is happy. You need a strong technical background, are detail driven, and have excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You need a solid understanding of software fundamentals and an appreciation of how an IT ecosystem functions.
• 4 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 2 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field