Sr. Software Development Engineer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. Domain-specific skills in video and machine learning can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Our team works end-to-end through the Amazon Video platform, and our team members have direct ownership of the customer experience.
We embrace the challenges of a fast-paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C , or C# and ideally have some knowledge of Ruby. Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great digital media experiences to our customers, particularly those who want to grow within a world-class engineering team.
• 4 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 2 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional working experience
• 3 year's professional experience in software development using Java or C , or other object-oriented language
• Computer Science fundamentals in system design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Experience releasing highly scalable products
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Demonstrated knowledge of service-oriented pattern
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa.
Catalog Team within PV is focused on delivering world's largest selection of digital video with the best possible quality. We own the largest, richest catalog of video content in the world, available to customers as early as possible. We enable Prime Video customers all around the world to discover, purchase and consume content in any language anywhere.
In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of systems that are responsible for constructing movies, series, seasons, episodes and live events into playable content that is available to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. The systems you will design and build are high performance distributed systems capable of enabling the growth of Prime Video global business. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy software development Engineer with the ability to think big deliver simple solutions to complex problems.