Sr. Software Dev Engineer, Studios Applications
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios creates bold and innovative original series and movies from top tier and up-and-coming creators for customers all over the world in over 200 countries.
The Studios Applications program focuses on creating bespoke applications and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize business processes and information workflows for the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
We are seeking talented contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment to create enterprise software solutions that revolutionize our business.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Create software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
• Lead development efforts for large/complex projects.
• Write high-quality distributed system software.
• 4 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 2 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge and skills and industry experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team/organization, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in solving business and architecture problems.
• Experience taking a lead role in developing complex software systems that have been successfully launched to customers.