Sr. Program Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Global Live Sports Production and Operations to help lead Amazon's remote operations team. This role is key to delivering high quality live event productions to customers worldwide across all Prime Video product lines, devices, and countries. You and your team will create processes, standard operating procedures, sustainable workflows and mechanisms to establish effective communication across departments. These responsibilities will establish the foundation for successful live event productions and allow Amazon to efficiently grow its presence in live sports. You will develop mechanisms for evaluating the operational impact of new sports properties while improving the execution of existing productions. Using your expertise in the field, you will communicate across stakeholders and senior leadership, collaborating with finance, accounting, product and engineering teams. You will be expected to manage a sports property from the scoping stage, through budgeting, staffing, vendor selection, through the execution and ongoing supervision of the live productions. Attention to detail and strong program management skills are critical, but to be successful you'll also need to think strategically, defining mechanisms that enable the program to scale, planning a roadmap for continuous improvements and innovation, and advocating for great customer experiences. The projects supported by the team have significant impact, technical complexity, and visibility.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and be excited by the opportunity to build a division that will function differently than a traditional linear television network. You will develop the vision and roadmap for the team, define strategic opportunities to achieve scale, and in parallel be able to roll up your sleeves, dive deep and get the job done. You will work with product and technical teams located around the globe, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus constraints. You will work closely with outside vendors and rights partners and must be a strong communicator who can simplify complex subjects and deliver important messages externally. You will implement systems and develop a team, helping them acquire new skills, tools, and processes to successfully deliver multiple projects in a high velocity environment.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5 years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5 years of experience in program or project management
• 5 years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 5 years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a live sports production management role.
• 3 years of experience hiring, developing, and leading teams
• Experience leading large, cross-functional and cross-team projects
• Experience working internationally
• Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts Experience negotiating with 3rd party vendors
Bachelor's degree required