Sr Product Designer - Music
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. As Music continues to grow, we are looking for a talented and passionate Senior UX Designer to play a vital role in supporting our internal tools and services.
As the UX Designer focused on Music's internal operations, you'll be creating experiences that enable your colleagues in Music to work more quickly, accurately and efficiently as they support our listeners and creators. You will have an opportunity to relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant experiences. You would be perfect for this role if you are a systems thinker who considers the scalability of design.
You will lead UX design for a variety of internal projects, from discovery to workflow development, to wireframes and high-fidelity mocks. You will be working from high-level requirements to define design flows, interactions, and content strategies in collaboration with business leaders, engineers, product managers, and other UX designers. To be successful, you must be a critical, inventive thinker with clear design chops, an excitement for understanding and using data, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively. Being a big music fan is a plus.
• Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Lead usability testing and create final design and detailed interaction behavior specifications for handoff to engineering team
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios and use cases
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
• Proactively manage your own work queue, time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and tradeoffs if your schedule is in jeopardy
This position can be located in either Los Angeles (Culver City) or Atlanta.
• 8 years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 5 years experience as a service designer, user experience designer, or similar role
• Experience with UX design for complex business workflows for technical and non-technical customers.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization; and the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
• Able to manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within a team, and switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment