Sr. Podcast Relations Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon is changing the way people listen to music and podcasts. Amazon Music now offers a free-to-customer ad-supported listening experience, Prime members have ad-free access to over two million songs on-demand, subscribers of Amazon Music Unlimited can listen to a catalog of over 70 million songs, and Amazon Music HD provides the highest quality streaming audio. We continue to innovate, building a world class audio experience around the world, by making strategic data-driven decisions that start with the customer.
We're looking for Sr. Podcast Relations Manager to join our team, with experience in podcast and/or spoken word content, to identify and on-board new podcast partners, build relationships with creators and producers, and work closely with the Content Strategy and Acquisition teams to help lead, ideate and set podcaster-focused strategy.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of work experience in a content partnerships, podcasting, or an original content marketing/promotions role with the ability to manage concurrent projects and relationships with media executives.
• Support and build out our existing communications with podcast publishers, producers and creators to help them understand the powerful promotion and engagement Amazon Music provides podcasters. Work with current publishers and creators to ensure:
- Their podcast content is on Amazon Music
- They are aware of upcoming podcast promotions and featured podcast placements on Amazon Music
- They have and are using the podcast tools and assets (ie ''Listen on Amazon Music'' buttons and show links) to promote podcast listening on Amazon Music
- They are aware of and providing feedback on new product and creator-focused podcast features
• Act as a support resource for new and emerging creators:
- Be an expert on explaining the product and value prop to both experienced and emerging podcasters
- Make sure the independent podcast community knows how to get on Amazon Music and blockers are removed for mass adoption
- Explore strategies for large-scale opt-ins and awareness campaigns (either through hosting providers, social media marketing or other avenues)
- Communicate on message boards and work with podcasting groups directly to add their podcast to Amazon Music
- Lead the emerging creator community and help educate them on podcast best practices and Amazon Music product features
• In conjunction with Programming lead, maintain the Amazon Music podcast release calendar, content descriptions and promotional plans.
- Discover standout emerging podcasts, trends, and innovations in podcasting to inform editorial and product roadmap
- Own long-lead schedule for featuring podcast content in merchandising, playlists, engagement channels, and in out-of-home advertising; communicate with teams in Design, Marketing, and Programming
• Develop compelling creative campaigns and assets that drive sales and listening of Original titles in close coordination with cross functional teams including PR, social, marketing, editorial and video.
- Monitor and mine the Originals catalog for titles and episodes that can be opportunistically promoted.
• Develop and manage project plans for multiple small-and-large-scale projects simultaneously keeping all the deadlines and details in line.
- Liaise with stakeholders on teams including Programming, Marketing, and PR to identify opportunities to amplify and increase awareness for podcast events, festivals, and key launches.
- Track completed promotions and perform analyses as needed to monitor effectiveness; communicate results to key stakeholders.
This role can sit in any of the following locations: Los Angeles (LA), Seattle, San Francisco (SFO) or New York City (NYC).
• 5 years of work experience in a content partnerships, podcasting, or an original content marketing/promotions role with the ability to manage relationships with media executives and content creators.
• Strong understanding of the podcast landscape and associated publishers, creators and community
• Experience with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and posting platforms
• Excellent writing abilities across a diverse range of online platforms
• Proven bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities