Sr. Partner Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Partner Manager Amazon Music, New Projects
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music's New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music's New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Partner Manager to lead the growth, development, and retention of artist/talent partners. The Sr. Partner Manager will engage directly to deepen relationships with our artist/talent partners, acting as the customer-facing lead, and developing programs to strengthen or scale interactions.
The ideal candidate has a passion for artists and talent, and thrives with both 1:1 and 1:many relationships. We're looking for entrepreneurs who enjoy innovating on behalf of customers and demonstrate a high degree of ownership. We'd like a quantitative thinker and creative problem solver with exceptional judgment, and the ability to deliver business results under ambiguous circumstances.
• Drive long-term strategy and deliver business results for customer-facing interactions across all types of artist partners, from long-tail to more well-known artists
• Act as the voice of the customer to the internal team, creating systems for handling artist customer support issues and providing input to product, marketing, and other teams to facilitate a robust feedback loop
• Construct strategic account management, lifecycle management processes, and team objectives for artist on-boarding, developing, and retention
• Build playbooks for scaling engagement with long-tail artists, including artist communication planning
• Facilitate the development of artist communities, enabling them to grow together while contributing to goals around diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Help artists forge a bond with the product, showcasing learning, growth, and monetization opportunities
• 7 years of experience working in the music, entertainment, or technology industry
• 5 years of experience working with entertainment/media industry artists, talent, or creators
• Expertise in creating processes for relationship or account management
• Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills
• Openness to ambiguous situations that require a strong sense of ownership, drive, independence, and flexibility
• Experience working effectively across functional teams, writing strategy documents, and representing the interests of the customer to internal teams
• Bachelor's degree