Sr. Operations Manager, Livestreaming
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune 500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
The Amazon Music for Artists team operates at the intersection of artists and their fans. We are a start-up team that is heavily focused on innovation, and with our growth we are seeking a Sr. Operations Manager to work with external and internal technology partners to manage technical integrations for live music events. This role will focus on developing strong technical partnerships with live broadcasters, production teams, live media solution providers, and engineering teams. The Sr. Operations Manager will design and improve the specifications and workflows for acquisition and ingestion of live video content, drive innovations in live broadcast at scale across Amazon. This role also represents Amazon Music to the wider digital video and music industries, contributing to working groups and helping to define future live broadcast standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have in-depth knowledge of live video broadcast and related industry standards, and have a proven track record of working on scalable solutions for the ingestion and processing for digital content.
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedule
• 5 years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design for digital content processes
• Experience working at a TV Network, Broadcaster, or an internet streaming platform specializing in live video transmission, processing and delivery technologies.
• Experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
• Experience running operations teams with run books, SOPs, and escalation procedures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills