Sr. Marketing Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Marketing Manager - Amazon Music
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas reach millions of consumers worldwide. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Amazon Music Free, and more. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in streaming, marketing strategies, and customer engagement.
The Global Brand & Integrated Marketing team within Amazon Music is looking for a driven and dynamic marketing manager who is customer obsessed, analytical, and has a passion for driving results. This position will help develop the long-term vision and investment strategy for Amazon Music fixed marketing and advertising working across multiple categories, countries, and channel teams. She/he will be responsible for deriving insights that inform marketing strategy and decisions across numerous marketing channels and customer lifecycle sub-segments. We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Strong candidates will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to influence others. This role sits at the intersection of data and Amazon Music marketing strategy, requiring strong right/left brain orientation and seasoned judgment.
for this role include the following…
• Work with Media, Measurement & Analytics, Cross-channel Marketers, and others to design fixed marketing plans for measurement at the category and country-level and mass advertising and mid-funnel portfolio strategies that optimize the short-term return to Amazon Music overall, while ensuring the success of Amazon Music's must win categories.
• Partner with business intelligence and measurement teams to develop new metrics and reporting tools that improve and streamline measurement and reporting
• Mine and synthesize customer research, business insights, and lifecycle segment data to shape mass advertising and mid-funnel strategies
• Identify, develop, and optimize organization processes, playbooks, or tools with regards to fixed marketing campaigns and measurement. Create mechanisms and facilitate alignment within the organization
• Write and present high quality written documents to senior leadership inside the company
• Develop scale-able systems, processes and capabilities that will allow Amazon Music Portfolio management to operate efficiently
• 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• 6 years of relevant work experience in marketing in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable with solving business problems, identifying opportunities, and developing initiatives that may not be well-defined.
• Strong understanding of marketing measurement and proven track record influencing marketing investment priorities.
• Ability to define experiment frameworks, manage execution, and share with cross-functional teams
• Ability to find a path forward in difficult situations and crisply articulate trade-offs between short-term vs. long-term needs
• Highly proficient with Excel and MS Word
• BA/BS, MBA or equivalent work experience