Sr. Marketing Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/28/2021 9:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Marketing Manager jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr. Marketing Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Marketing Manager? Sr. Marketing Manager, Amazon Music Cross-Site and Voice Marketing
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge customer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune 500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience that helps our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Amazon Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical marketer to lead our cross-site merchandising and voice marketing strategy for US. This Sr. Marketing Manager will manage complex marketing initiatives that drive significant improvements in channel performance and inform strategy and best practices globally. This role manages the balance of consistent weekly cross-site and voice priorities across the team with larger strategic initiatives such as artist livestreams, industry events, and major product/feature launches. They create the cross-site and voice roadmaps, drive global channel priorities, and influence partner team roadmaps that impact their ability to drive channel growth. They create, implement and optimize mechanisms for managing and communicating prioritization to stakeholders across our music industry and product teams.
This role must have strong domain expertise and use data and strategic judgment to make decisions. Stakeholder management is crucial, as this person must make informed recommendations to counterparts across Label Relations, Artist Relations, Editorial, Programming, Lifecycle, UX, and Design with data to back them up. This role must effectively partner at all levels to influence priorities and drive alignment. Given the dual strategic and tactical nature of the role, this individual must look around corners to identify trends and opportunities while balancing that with delivering results. This person must have strong judgment on when to escalate and involve others in key decisions. Finally, they must drive consistent testing and experimentation and be comfortable measuring impact, sharing insights, and using them to inform forward-looking strategy.
• Obsess over customers and how they engage with Amazon on the Amazon website and Alexa-related surface areas
• Serve as a cross-site merchandising expert internally and partner with central teams to drive program expansion and continuously increase Music's visibility within the Amazon retail ecosystem
• Partner with the Alexa marketing team to identify opportunities for Music inclusion in Alexa-driven marketing activities and establish a regular cadence of Music-specific content
• Partner with internal teams to identify top weekly priorities that inform our on-site content strategy; use data to inform future decision making and develop an increasingly useful SOP for our cross-site merchandising approach
• Create and schedule individual merchandising campaigns for Amazon Music across the Amazon website
• Measure and analyze the performance and identify new opportunities based on customer and business data
• Understand various levers we have for improving customer engagement and conversion, analyze current performance on those levers and implement initiatives for improvement
• Document and share insights across Amazon Music's worldwide organization to ensure global parity and implementation of best practices
Business Skills Needed:
• A tenacious self-starter who can serve as a strong advocate for our customer and our business
• Possess exceptional marketing, merchandising and project management skills
• Capable of handling multiple projects at once amidst rapidly-changing priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to be successful both as an individual contributor and in a team environment; able to perform at both strategic and tactical levels
• Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo
• Passion for music and technology and the confluence of the two
• 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to c-suite stakeholders
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• • Marketing experience across digital, web, mobile/app and device platforms.
• Demonstrated experience using data and metrics to measure performance and determine improvements
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
• Ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and prioritize ruthlessly as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
• Comfortable with a varied set of software and editing tools and ability to learn new tools quickly This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.