Sr Manager, Software Development - Prime Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Want to change the way people watch TV? The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content including Amazon Originals and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever, whenever, and however they want.
Prime Video Catalog is focused on delivering world's largest selection of digital video with the best possible quality and our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and best offer to customers. As Sr Manager on Catalog Platform team, you will be building the Earth's fastest, most reliable, innovative and cost-effective digital catalog platform that enables any Video Business to serve billions of video products at scale to its customers regardless of where they are in the world, or what device/s they use. This will be the critical platform that serves customized content to Prime Video customers all over the world, at near real-time latency for OnDemand, Live Sports, and Channels content. This is highly innovative and complex space, and this role will help drive the vision and evolution of our platform to support Live Events, Channels, and OnDemand initiatives to deliver the best experiences for our customers.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We are looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As the senior tech leader on the team, the role leads multiple development managers, senior engineers, and TPM's. The ideal candidate has deep experience in building successful software teams, is able to collaborate heavily across a variety of stakeholder teams, and enjoys ambiguity. You are a strong leader that can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a strong track record of delivering results in a quickly evolving landscape. You are able to clearly articulate a vision that inspires your teams and connect strategy to the impact made in a measurable way. Having the ability to deeply understand the technical and business details and be process-oriented is critical for success.
• Manage multiple teams of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems
• As manager of managers, recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Managers at different levels of experience
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
• Engage, liaise and broker necessary partnerships and cross-org commitments with dependency teams, from clients through playback through backend asset management systems
• Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
• Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams, both within Prime Video, as well as within the broader Amazon ecosystem in personalization and automated marketing
• Drives strategic communication across senior leadership, understanding the strategic importance of software to the larger business, and provide inputs into OP1 planning.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• 10 years of relevant engineering experience
• 5 years of experience, managing engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
• Written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.
• 7 years of Technical Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field