Sr. Manager Of Product Management
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager Of Product Management, Prime Video Global Marketing Operations
As Prime Video expands globally and as it is increasingly in need of best-in-class tooling, we are seeking a Sr. Manager of Product Management, Global Marketing Operations to build the future of Prime Video's Global marketing infrastructure. The Senior Manager will own the product strategy, set the vision, and plan a holistic roadmap for current and future marketing workflow and creative production tools.
The role will supervise Product Managers who each own and regularly reprioritize their own backlogs of existing tooling improvements. The Head of Product Management will be expected to nimbly revisit the overall roadmap as needs change and to direct teams accordingly. Their focus will be to enable global teams to deliver with improved scale, conducting QBRs/MBRs as part of that evolution. The role will draft a product strategy, vision, and business approach by Working Backwards from our campaign teams and global marketing customers and by determining rubrics for decisioning such that we are always maintaining focus on the items that best help the organization achieve excellence in throughput and scale.
The ability to drive product ownership, make the best-informed trade-off decisions, to influence Director and VP stakeholders, and to lead a team toward high quality results is paramount.
The Head of Product Management, Global Marketing Operations is: The owner of infrastructure strategy, tenets, vision, and roadmap, including but not limited to:
• Social and Campaign Management workflow tooling
• Creative Production and QC systems
• Asset Management WIP and Archive tools
• Global Delivery
• Localization Systems
• The senior most Product Manager for local and global marketing workflow and tools that support creative production and optimization.
• A mentor, supervisor, and educator to Global teams and to Product Managers; a partner to Campaign Management and Asset Management Leads.
• An objective voice for the tooling needs of the entire global marketing org.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Defining and driving the overall product strategy and roadmap.
• Owning the product definitions for the suite of marketing workflow tools.
• Providing innovative thinking and recommendations to shape Prime Video's approach to global marketing tools:
• Writing business cases for key strategic projects.
• Providing in-depth market, industry, and opportunity analysis.
• Owning the process for understanding customer needs and market segmentation.
• Providing a strong sense of ownership and focus on execution and imparting that same sensibility to the Product Management team.
• Defining success metrics for products or services and tracking performance.
• Managing partner relationships and ongoing programs to maximize performance and meet business objectives.
• Developing product requirements for new initiatives, working with internal and external engineering teams to deliver them.
• Managing some individual products through initial launch and follow-on releases, identifying dependencies and clearing blockers.
• Influencing and educating Campaign Managers, Global and Local teams and partnering with the Program Manager of Campaign Operations to drive tooling adoption within global workflows.
• Ensuring critical programs remain visible to stakeholders and Diving Deep, where required, to learn about each stakeholder's perspectives and challenges, while maintaining a Think Big vantage point at all times.
• Anticipating and mitigating problems as they arise while ensuring updates on progress, relevant delays and implications are communicated to stakeholders.
• Raising the quality bar and fostering continual process improvements through routine post mortems and collaborative feedback with cross-functional partners.
• Supervisory and Mentorship responsibilities as needs require of the role.
• 1 years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience directly managing teams of 6 or more
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience with product cycles of 6 months
• 6 years of experience managing teams
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology