Sr. Front-End Engineer
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. As Music continues to grow, we are looking for a talented and passionate Front End Engineer to play a vital role in supporting our internal tools and services.
As a Front End Engineer on the Product Design team focused on supporting Music's internal operational tools, you will have a direct impact on numerous teams' efforts to scale and speed their work. You strive to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers. You will be a bridge between designers, design systems, and our product and engineering stakeholders. You'll work closely with design, product and engineering partners to translate conceptual ideas into interactive prototypes that can be used to quickly test hypotheses and enable swift development of production services and interfaces. You understand the value of, and delight in, creating experiences that have a direct impact on your colleagues' ability to work quickly and effectively.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Strong understanding of web standards, cross browser compatability and responsive design
• Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
• Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services (creating and consuming)
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication