Sr. Content Producer, Podcast
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Content Producer, Podcast (Amazon Music)
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We're looking for a creative leader, within Amazon Music's new podcast initiative, with exceptional organization and show development skills. The ideal candidate will be excited about this explosive medium, and will have extensive experience developing original podcast concepts from idea through execution, while managing creative teams and ensuring that processes and expectations are well-communicated across all levels of production. We need someone who innately understands smart and culturally relevant content, and can work within a team that will craft audio to grip a wide audience.
Amazon Music is looking for a Senior Content Producer to manage Original and Exclusive Shows. The Senior Content Producer will be heavily involved in day-to-day production and creative development, and report directly to podcast content strategy and programming leadership. The person in this role must exercise strong multi-tasking skills and be able to manage multiple projects at various stages. Candidates must demonstrate experience such as having led programming & production, show development, and editorial strategy in the podcast space.
You should be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, growth-minded and comfortable being a key player on a team as well as a leader managing independent projects, if needed. We're looking for someone who has an ear for good audio, superb judgment, great people skills, and a love for the big and small details that make for excellent audio storytelling. A strong candidate will have at least 6 years of experience in audio content development and/or production in podcasting or original audio. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems-doing whatever is needed to get the job done-is essential.
• Work with the creative team to ensure that all shows are original, highly entertaining, produced to a high professional standard, and commercially viable.
• Track the production budget and timelines at all stages of production, and flag any potential issues or changes.
• Manage day-to-day production with partners and production teams
• Support senior executives in the development and production of Amazon Music podcasts
• Source and assess creative submissions that are in line with the Amazon Music content strategy
• Work with Amazon Music teams to support opportunities for cross promotion both within and outside of the service
• Build and maintain relationships with partners, producers, directors, and production companies in the Podcast industry.
• Manage and maintain tracking of Amazon Music's podcast slate
• Effectively manage and communicate multiple streams of information to the right stakeholders.
• 6 years of experience in audio content development and/or production for podcasts, radio, or original audio
• Proven experience in podcast production and original show development
• Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent
• A knowledge of ''what works'' in audio storytelling-but also an inclination to push boundaries and innovate
• Proven track record of producing high-quality original content across multiple platforms
• Comfort and creativity with managing budgets and tracking multiple project schedules
• Superior writing, audio editing, pitching, story editing skills
• Proficient in audio editing and audio recording equipment/software
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum 6 years of professional audio or podcast experience. At least 2 years management experience. Experience guiding and mentoring producers.