Sr, Content Acquisition Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
We're looking for an analytical Sr. Content Acquisition Manager to join our team in Los Angeles (or London). You will define key strategic organizational initiatives and drive global licensing negotiations and strategy, including building models to forecast business metrics, evaluating the impacts of negotiated royalty structures and proactively performing analytic deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators. You will develop and drive efficient cross-team processes and build and manage relationships both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of work experience in a content acquisition, account management, financial, or related content focused role.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Define and implement end-to-end processes for key strategic initiatives
• Manage relationships with external and internal partners; execute on opportunities independently and as part of cross-team initiatives
• Partner with internal Finance/Content Analytics, Label Relations and Programming teams to implement internal tools, processes and models to evaluate our deal terms and strategic initiatives
• Perform analysis to quantify the impact of royalty models, and other terms that are negotiated with content providers
• Audit business metrics, perform deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes and making decisions based on data
• Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform Amazon Music's strategic priorities and expansion opportunities
• 7 years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Excel
• 5 years of experience negotiating license or business development agreements
• 5 years of relevant experience in account management, business development, content licensing or finance
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with SQL, Tableau and Excel
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!