Sr Comedy Development Executive
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is seeking an experienced senior executive to develop and oversee half hour comedy series. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in identifying source material/talent, giving creative guidance and feedback to top level show runners on outlines, scripts, and cuts, and in production. Candidate must be fully versed in top writers and directors working in the premium television space,and experience overseeing a production in film or TV
We're looking for someone self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team and alone. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and strong industry relationships. Candidates must have excellent creative instincts on material, and a passion for comedy.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Identify books and relevant source material.
• Identify emerging new talent.
• Attend pitches and general meetings.
• Work with writers to develop story and scripts.
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Maintain relationships with agents, managers, producers and network partners.
• Liaise with other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, PR, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
Amazon Studios, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies, is an equal opportunity employer. This job will be located in Culver City, CA.
• Bachelor's degree
• 10-15 years of executive level experience in development at a studio, network or production company