Sr. Brand Strategy Manager, Amazon Music
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa, to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
The Senior Brand Strategist will be responsible for growing Amazon Music through increased awareness, improving consideration, further developing our global brand strategy, monitoring the health of our brand, and growing with key audiences. This role resides on the Global Brand Marketing team of Amazon Music. As the Senior Brand Strategist, you will bring prior experience growing brands, creating new brands, and/or rationalizing existing brand portfolios. You have experience leveraging consumer insights to discern a brand's sweet spot – the intersection of customer desire with a brand's unique strengths. You will frequently author strategy documents which you will deliver to the most senior leaders of Amazon Music. A passion for thinking big and beyond traditional brand constraints will enable you to thrive in our culture of innovation.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• Drive Amazon Music's brand and audience strategy, including creation of goals, approach, positioning, brand management, creative guidance, and overall awareness and consideration strategy
• Grow unaided Amazon Music brand awareness, consideration, consumption and streaming behavior
• Together with the rest of Brand Marketing, develop an annual road map of brand priorities including how to grow with key audiences
• Serve as point for all brand research, consumer insights, and tracking studies partnering with Research and UX
• Create and own goals and performance metrics for Brand Marketing; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
• Regularly audit competitive strategic analysis, customer/target audience segmentation, and consumer insight development
• Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale
• Cultivate positive relationships with appropriate partners and stakeholders to forward Amazon Music's position
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• 5 years working in a data-driven organization in brand management, consumer marketing and/or strategy
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Experience crystallizing key strategic insights from disparate data sources to frame recommendations and results into concise and actionable documents
• Exemplary project management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean and demanding work environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across all levels (Senior Executives through lower management)
• Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive complex, highly visible projects to completion
• Ability to be successful both as an individual contributor and in a team environment, and also will be able to perform at both strategic and tactical levels
• Maturity and enthusiasm
• Bachelor's degree