Sr. Brand Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for growing Amazon Music in international and emerging markets through increasing awareness, improving consideration and usage intent, further developing our global brand strategy, and monitoring the health of our brand in international and growth markets. This role resides on the Global Brand Marketing team of Amazon Music and is a blended balance of strategist, brand builder, campaign manager, producer, creative, and analyst. As the Senior Brand Manager, you will bring prior experience growing brands and translating global plans to international markets. You have experience leveraging consumer insights to discern a brand's sweet spot – the intersection of customer desire with a brand's unique strengths. You will also lead the development of awareness campaigns for international and emerging markets, working closely with local markets. You will frequently author strategy and campaign documents which you will deliver to the most senior leaders of Amazon Music. A passion for thinking big and beyond traditional brand constraints with a global mindset will enable you to thrive in our culture of innovation.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• Grow Amazon Music unaided awareness, consideration, usage intent, and brand affinity internationally
• Lead Amazon Music's awareness strategy and marketing to drive growth in international markets, including creation of goals, approach, positioning, brand management, creative guidance, and overall communication strategy.
• Drive end-to-end brand marketing campaign planning in partnership with local markets including creating goals and performance metrics for brand campaigns and content marketing; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Identify new awareness driving opportunities and strategies based on customer and business data
• Oversee budgets and work with team to track and forecast.
• Present to senior leadership regularly to update on key metrics and progress to goals; set mechanisms to operationalize timely global status updates.
• Align closely with research teams to lead priority consumer insight and campaign studies.
• Regularly audit competitive strategic analysis, customer/target audience segmentation, and consumer insight development
• Together with the rest of Brand Marketing, develop an annual road map of brand priorities including how to grow with key markets
• Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale
• Cultivate positive relationships with appropriate partners and stakeholders to forward Amazon Music's position
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• 7 years working in a data-driven organization in brand management, consumer marketing and/or strategic planning in a leading advertising agency
• Experience managing awareness marketing and above-the-line campaigns with a deep understanding of digital marketing, product management, and/or consumer products and services
• Demonstrated ability to use data and KPI metrics to monitor and measure performance and determine on-going improvement.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strengths in creative and strategic thinking and the ability to quickly learn Amazon tools and processes
• Experience crystallizing key strategic insights from disparate data sources to frame recommendations and results into concise and actionable documents
• Exemplary project management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean and demanding work environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across all levels (Senior Executives through lower management)
• Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive complex, highly visible projects to completion
• Ability to be successful both as an individual contributor and in a team environment, and also will be able to perform at both strategic and tactical levels
• Experience cultivating relationships and working with international markets and remote teams
• Maturity and enthusiasm
• Bachelor's degree
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.