Art Director - IMDbpro
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team. It's a fun and fast paced environment with an exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale. Our team is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Art Director to design and deliver effective marketing, advertising and promotional experiences that are based on customer obsession, data, consumer insights, and creative inspirations.
As part of the IMDbPro team, and reporting to the Head of UX, your primary focus will be to create marketing strategies, set creative direction, lead brand activations and set establish standards for advertising and social media campaigns, as well as for events & festivals. You will work on the UX and design for website & app pages, and closely partner with our product, marketing and sales teams to bring ideas to life to drive new business.
Can you inspire a team with big ideas and strategic brand development, campaign initiatives, product launches, and event experiences? Can you develop a vision, quickly bring concepts to life as prototypes, then iterate and refine them as you gather and factor in customer and business requirements? Do you like movies, TV and celebrities? Wish you could be a part of changing how Hollywood works, firsthand? Pride yourself on your indie movie knowledge? Wish you were an entertainment insider? Now is your chance!
The ideal candidate will have a deep portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence in bringing major brands and products to life. This role is for a highly capable creative leader who can direct internal and external creative resources, and has the composure and communication talent to effectively present to senior executives. Prior experience in an agency or internal marketing team is preferred.
• Create on-brand creative solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
• Lead creative development of innovative brand creative, from concept to delivery.
• Own, develop and evangelize brand personality and purpose throughout the organization.
• Develop on-site and on-app experiences and marketing campaigns that convert customers.
• Partner with insights and analytics teams to identify, understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies, ethnographic/retail studies).
• Work cross-functionally with product, marketing and business partners to ensure IMDbPro's presence is consistent across all customer touchpoints.
• Develop brand strategies that drive compelling creative executions
• Hands on creative development for key initiatives across channels.
• Quickly develop concept mockups to visualize new ideas in context.
• Present creative concepts effectively to senior executives.
• 7 years of experience as a creative in digital product marketing/ advertising.
• Experience as an Art Director or Assoc. Creative Director.
• Experience with UX, UI or Human Centered Design of transactional websites or apps.
• Data-driven and obsessed with measurable impact of a campaign. Demonstrable ability to impact KPIs.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills and storytelling ability.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent working experience and knowledge of Sketch and the full Adobe Creative Suite. Deep understanding of digital and new media.
• Strong portfolio which demonstrates creative direction, marketing strategy, UX and visual design skills, and interactive/digital advertising experiences [SUBMISSION IS REQUIRED]
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Experience with a world-class advertising agency or internal corporate agency.
• Unwavering dedication to craft from idea to execution.
• Have strong bias for action in a fast-paced, metric driven environment.
• Experience as a Strategic Planner, Copywriter, or Art Director.
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into success metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on creative projects, and history of establishing effective creative development processes.
• Demonstrated business acumen, including experience of budgeting and resourcing.
• Self-motivated team player, with refined and assertive leadership skills.
• The ability to influence others to set and achieve goals and deadlines.
• History of working in an iterative environment partnering with others to synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners.
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities.
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 250 million unique visitors per month. IMDbPro, our professional subscription business, is transforming the business of entertainment. Our mission is to inform and connect professionals in the entertainment industry to help them do their jobs better and advance their careers.