Solutions Architect, Music
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Amazon Music HD, Podcasts, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are seeking a Solutions Architect who is passionate about working with a diverse set of partners to design and build Amazon Music experiences, being empathetic to their challenges and with a willingness to champion their problems for prioritization. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer or technical architect and has a strong understanding of large-scale robust application architecture and solutions. In collaboration with business development and product development, you will partner with various tech teams from across the industry to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient API integrations with Amazon Music. As a trusted partner advisor, you will help organizations understand best practices around current integration options, and develop partner relationships to bring new ideas and requests to the Amazon Music team to continually strengthen our products. You will have the opportunity to help build mind share and ubiquity of Amazon Music and to foster customer use, service adoption, and breadth of device choice available to our customers. Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be fun to work with. We strive to ''Work hard. Have fun. Make history.'' Our team brings music to new platforms and devices, and every day is a chance to be creative in paths forward while embracing the peculiarities of the music landscape. Be bold in making bets on the future of music enjoyment and device adoption. Enjoy working with partners. Be passionate about educating and training partners and supporting them in designing, and building innovative Amazon Music experiences.
Have a strong understanding of large-scale robust application architecture and solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer or technical architect. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones in the face of shifting and evolving device form factors, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture solutions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class applications of Amazon Music.
As a Solutions Architect, you will partner with a development team owning the set of APIs that third-party devices and apps use to provide Amazon Music to customers. Partner types include speaker manufacturers, car OEMs and consumer apps. Our APIs vend a JSON tree structure of playables and navigation nodes that partners use to allow customers to browse the catalogue and play items found there. We are always interested in working with new partners and form factors to maximize experimentation on devices where customers enjoy music. Our mission is to bring Amazon Music everywhere relevant.
Roles and Responsibilities: • • Ensure success in building and integrating compelling Amazon Music experiences into partner devices and applications as a key member of the business development and partner music team
• Formulate and support customer adoption and revenue objectives through integration of Amazon Music with external partners in partnership with the business development team.
• Educate partners of all sizes on the value of Amazon Music integration, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure integrations are designed for successful deployment and adoption
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to partner teams considering or already using Amazon Music integrations
• Proactively capture and share best-practice knowledge of Amazon Music integration, and share back examples of difficulties and friction to Amazon Music teams
• Author or otherwise contribute to partner-facing publications, documentation, training materials, and FAQs• Build relationships with senior technical individuals inside and outside Amazon to enable them to become Amazon Music adoption advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between partners' and service engineering teams and support. Identify gaps/issues and help drive product improvements to address.
• Technical degree; Computer Science background highly preferred
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Technical expert, technical adviser, and technical influencer• History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements with customers or enterprises, both pre-sales and post-sales
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Self-directed• Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, management, and developers
• Experience architecting/operating solutions across corporate boundaries.