Software Development Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2021 9:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Development Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Software Development Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Development Manager? Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa.
Prime Video Catalog is focused on delivering world's largest selection of digital video with the best possible quality. We own the largest, richest catalog of video content in the world, available to customers as early as possible. We enable Prime Video customers all around the world to discover, purchase and consume content in any language anywhere.
In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of systems that are responsible for constructing movies, series, seasons, episodes and live events into playable content that is available to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. The systems you will design and build are high performance distributed systems capable of enabling the growth of Prime Video global business. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy software development manager with the ability to think big deliver simple solutions to complex problems.
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers.
• Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
• Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
• Help develop long-term technology strategies.
• 7 years of relevant engineering experience
• 3 years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7 years of experience as a software developer
• 5 years of experience managing people
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.