Software Development Engineer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Software Development Engineer II
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow a lot.
In this role, you'll build large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly self-service tools and back-end services using the latest AWS technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Redshift and S3. You'll deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. Domain-specific skills in video can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers.
We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C#, or C . Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to adapt quickly to new development environments and evolving business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 1 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Possess a sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, and Systems Design
• Be able to write clear, reliable, testable, maintainable, quality code