Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/12/2020 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Development Engineer - Prime Video jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Software Development Engineer - Prime Video postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Development Engineer - Prime Video? On the Offers Distribution team, we write software to build tier one service that handles high traffic with low latencies for vending and gating offers to the customers within our video catalog. We use cutting-edge AWS techniques to build services at scale. To do this, we cooperate closely with various other teams at Amazon like Video Commerce
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. Domain-specific skills in video and machine learning can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Our team works end-to-end through the Amazon Video platform, and our team members have direct ownership of the customer experience.
We embrace the challenges of a fast-paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C , or C# and ideally have some knowledge of Ruby. Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great digital media experiences to our customers, particularly those who want to grow within a world-class engineering team.
• 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 1 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional working experience
• Experience releasing highly scalable products
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Demonstrated knowledge of service-oriented pattern This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.