Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile and autonomous team where your ideas and contributions impact millions of customers in key global marketplaces.
Picture building and working on highly scalable, low latency, content distribution platforms and technology. We are talking Amazon scale and true customer impact. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-20 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to the Amazon Prime Video Catalog team where ideas are born and come to life as Prime Video.
We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are a small team with a formidable charter where you'll be able to get your hands on many technologies. Above all, you'll be leading the design and implementation of new scalable services while having the opportunity to work on data analysis, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems. Your work will be focused on critical back-end components that we continue investing in as we grow in scale and impact to Amazon customers. Imagine working on a team that insists on the highest engineering standards and focuses on long term thinking to make sure Amazon customers discover the content they care about.
You'll have the opportunity to invent on top of Amazon's vast development infrastructure, including AWS and innovative internal tools for setting up continuous deployment and real-time monitoring.
• 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 1 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience designing large-scale services from the ground-up
• Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
• Working knowledge of software architecture styles and patterns